From pizzas to computers, what not is shipped in Corrugated Cardboard Boxes! There are a number of factors that make these boxes ideal for packaging and shipping. Prior to discussing them in detail let’s have a brief acquaintance with the structure of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes. Corrugated Cardboard comprises of wavy layer of flute, termed as corrugated medium. The flute is glued to flat sheets called liners. The more the number of layers, the greater will be the strength of the Corrugated Cardboard Box.
How Are Corrugated Cardboard Boxes Made?
Manufacturing of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes starts with preheating and steaming the corrugated medium at elevated temperatures. The process softens the paperboard enabling to form it into flutes. With the help of a machine, the paperboard is then given the shape of a series of waves. Adhesive is then applied on these flutes so as to stick it onto the liner. The corrugated cardboard sheets are then cut into specific sizes and assembled to form the Corrugated Cardboard Boxes.
Classification Of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes
Depending on the number of layers of corrugated media, Corrugated Cardboard Boxes can be classified into following categories:
- Single Wall Corrugated Box- When there is only one layer of corrugating medium into between the two liners, the box is called Single Wall Corrugated Box.
- Double Wall Corrugated Box- There are two layers of corrugated media glued between three sheets of flat liners.
- Triple Wall Corrugated Box- There are three layers of corrugated media between four sheets of flat liners.
Advantages Of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes:
- Light weight thus easy to handle while loading and unloading.
- High strength to weight ratio imparts high load bearing capacity.
- Can be stacked in layers thus allowing optimum use of available space.
- High level of cushioning due to corrugated media ensures safety of items being shipped.
- Can be reused and last long if handled properly.
Atlas Box & Crating Co. Inc., one of the leading Poly Bags Manufacturers in USA, offers a wide range of Packaging Solutions and Services. The Packaging Solutions, offered by the company, include Wooden Crates, Skids & Pallets, Foam Packaging Boxes, Corrugated Boxes and other Custom Packaging Boxes. Besides, the company offers a host of services logistics, Value Addd Services, etc. For more details regarding the company and its offerings, one can log on to atlasbox.net.