The packaging industry has boomed with the coming of revolutionary packaging materials in the market. The latest available goods for packaging are made using materials that were never used before, and have multiplied the benefits of packaging goods on an industrial level. The materials being referred to, in this piece, particularly are Corrugated Boxes. Corrugated Boxes are named so owing to the corrugated or ridged surface of the material used to manufacture them.
Corrugated Boxes are used for the packaging of different kinds of goods. The best part about a Corrugated Box is that it can efficiently handle the safety of both fragile and non-fragile goods. There are several types of Corrugated Boxes available in the market today. The major difference between the various types is owing to their applications and packaging styles.
Types Of Corrugated Boxes:
On the basis of the style of use, Corrugated Boxes can be classified into:
- Full Overlap (FOL), where the minor flaps do not close, and the major ones are taped. In this type of Corrugated Box, the minor flaps will not close and the major flaps have to be taped.
- Half Slotted Container (HSC), which comes with a single set of flaps.
- One Piece Flap (OPF), which can be used for mailing books and similar material, and is extremely shallow.
- 5 Panel Folder (5PF) has overlapping flaps and is used for the shipping of items that have considerable length.
On the basis of packaging strength, Corrugated Boxes can be used for the packaging of fragile and tough materials separately. These boxes are very easily customized and can be availed in desired variations in terms of inner strength, style, color, inner dimensions, etc. Corrugated Boxes are also provided by some makers in vibrant colors and attractive patterns so that they can be efficiently used for packaging gift materials.
Atlas Box & Crating Co., Inc. is a reputed Manufacturer and Supplier of a wide range of packaging materials like Wooden, Foam Boxes, Corrugated Boxes, etc. The company provides goods of high quality standards at reasonable prices. To know more about the company and its offerings, log on to atlasbox.net.
Packaging a product is a means of keeping the product safe from any kind of damage, scratch or dent. Not only does it protect the item but is also the medium for promotion. In the shipment of fragile items safety is always the prime concern and Foam Packaging can be the best solution to it. Foam Packaging is attributed with characteristics that make it suitable for packaging a wide range of items. There are various reasons why Foam Packaging is better than the other alternatives.
- Foam Packaging is light-weight therefore loading and unloading the packaged items doesn’t require too much of labor. This attribute of Foam Packaging also brings down the shipment costs.
- The chemical inertness of Foam Packaging to various chemicals makes it suitable for packaging and securing medicines and other such items. Foam Packaging won’t tarnish or corrode the item.
- High coefficient of friction of Foam Packaging ensures complete protection against shifting and vibration during handling of packaged items.
- Foam Packaging provides excellent cushioning to the packaged items.
- Foam Packaging readily accepts promotional tags, labels and tapes. As such, packaged items can be secured with additional taping and at the same time promotional purpose is also served.
- Foam Packaging is highly flexible and thus can easily be used for packaging items of any shape and form.
- Owing to its outstanding breathability, Foam Packaging allows the vapor or moisture content to release thus prevent condensation and any damage due to wetting.
- Foam Packaging has a high melting point and thus performs equally well at elevated temperatures.
- Foam Packaging is a cost-effective Packaging Solution.
Owing to the above mentioned properties, Foam Packaging is ideally suited to serve a number of market segments. Automotive parts, pharmaceuticals, fixtures, glass & collectibles and many more items can be safely packaged with Foam Packaging. Atlas Box & Crating Co., Inc. offers a wide range of Packaging Solutions. The company is one the leading Poly Bags Manufacturers in USA. The offerings of the company include Wooden Skits, Crates & Pallets, Foam Packaging, Corrugated Boxes and other Custom Packaging Boxes. The Packaging Solutions offered by the company are very reasonably priced. Quality of the products is just impeccable. For more information regarding the company and its offerings, you can log on ton atlasbox.net.
Corrugated Boxes are the most commonly used Packaging Solutions for warehousing and shipment of a wide range of products. Fabricated from corrugated paperboard, Corrugated Boxes are designed for maximum load bearing strength. The corrugated paperboard is rolled into a continuous wave like structure and it is this configuration that imparts Corrugated Boxes the strength to support considerable loads. The wavy sheet is glued between linerboards which are eventually assembled by the use of heat, pressure and adhesives to form Corrugated Boxes.
The preference of Corrugated Boxes over other Packaging Solutions can attributed to a number of reasons. Following are the reasons that make Corrugated Boxes a popular choice for packaging.
- High load bearing capacity
- Superior dimensional stability
- Can be easily stacked for optimum use of space
- Excellent cushioning thus ensuring complete safety of the packaged item
- Reusable and can be recycled
- Can be customized for specific requirements
Types Of Corrugated Boxes
Corrugated Boxes can be classified on several parameters. Depending on the type of corrugated board used, Corrugated Boxes can be classified into following three categories:
- Single Walled Corrugated Boxes- When the fluted medium is sandwiched between two layers of linerboard, the box is referred to as single walled.
- Double Walled Corrugated Boxes- In double walled Corrugated Boxes, two layers of fluted medium are glued between three alternating layers of linerboard.
- Triple Walled Corrugated Boxes- In triple walled Corrugated Boxes, there are three layers of fluted medium glued in between four layers of linerboard.
The greater the number of layers of fluted medium, the greater is the strength of the Corrugated Boxes and that’s the reason why triple walled Corrugated Boxes are widely used for shipment of heavy goods. Besides, Corrugated Boxes are a cost effective means as well and that’s why are popular in several industries.
Atlas Box & Crating Co., Inc. is one of most reputed companies offering a wide range of Packaging Solutions in USA. The company offers Wooden Skits, Crates & Pallets, Foam Packaging Materials, Corrugated Boxes and other Custom Packaging Boxes. The company is a distinguished Poly Bag Manufacturer in USA. All the products offered by the company fare very high when rated on performance, durability and pricing. To view the whole range of Packaging Solutions offered by the company and to place order, you can log on to atlasbox.net.