Corrugated Boxes are made up of corrugated paperboard. The structural features of the Corrugated Boxes make them an ideal packaging solution. Before discussing the advantages and disadvantages of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes, one should be familiar with its design. The edge of the corrugated paperboard comprises of rows of air columns. These air columns act as cushion for the packaged material and ensure safety against mechanical shocks, jerks, vibrations, etc. Major advantages and disadvantages of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes can be listed as follows:
Advantages Of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes:
- Cardboard Corrugated Boxes are light weight and thus are very convenient to handle while packaging, loading and unloading.
- The raw material required to fabricate Corrugated Cardboard Boxes is quite inexpensive, which makes these boxes highly affordable as compared to the other available alternatives in the market.
- Corrugated Cardboard Boxes have better printing and graphics capabilities. As such, they can be used as effective marketing tools for brand awareness and promotion. Enterprises have lunged on to the opportunity with both hands and they get the logos, company name and other promotional detail printed on these packaging boxes. This is really a smart means of marketing.
- Corrugated Cardboard Boxes are available in various shapes, sizes, designs and colors as per the specific requirement of the customers. This is a real advantage because needs can be very diverse and so should be the Packaging Solution.
- They are very easily available in almost any given region being a widespread worldwide business.
- Most importantly, Corrugated Cardboard Boxes are completely recyclable in nature that makes them eco-friendly.
Disadvantages Of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes:
- For packaging of certain heavy items, Corrugated Cardboard Boxes may not very suitable because of their relatively less endurance to mechanical stresses.
- Under extreme pressure or on stacking, Corrugated Cardboard Boxes may get deformed.
Atlas Box & Crating Company is an ISO 9001-2008 Certified Company that offers a wide array of Packaging Solutions. The offering of the company include Corrugated Boxes, Fiber Packaging Boxes, Wooden Packing Crates, Foam Boxes and many more packaging solutions. To view the products offered by the company and for any other enquiry, one can log on to http://www.atlasbox.net.