Corrugated Boxes are made up of corrugated paperboard. The structural features of the Corrugated Boxes make them an ideal packaging solution. Before discussing the advantages and disadvantages of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes, one should be familiar with its design. The edge of the corrugated paperboard comprises of rows of air columns. These air columns act as cushion for the packaged material and ensure safety against mechanical shocks, jerks, vibrations, etc. Major advantages and disadvantages of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes can be listed as follows:
Advantages Of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes:
- Cardboard Corrugated Boxes are light weight and thus are very convenient to handle while packaging, loading and unloading.
- The raw material required to fabricate Corrugated Cardboard Boxes is quite inexpensive, which makes these boxes highly affordable as compared to the other available alternatives in the market.
- Corrugated Cardboard Boxes have better printing and graphics capabilities. As such, they can be used as effective marketing tools for brand awareness and promotion. Enterprises have lunged on to the opportunity with both hands and they get the logos, company name and other promotional detail printed on these packaging boxes. This is really a smart means of marketing.
- Corrugated Cardboard Boxes are available in various shapes, sizes, designs and colors as per the specific requirement of the customers. This is a real advantage because needs can be very diverse and so should be the Packaging Solution.
- They are very easily available in almost any given region being a widespread worldwide business.
- Most importantly, Corrugated Cardboard Boxes are completely recyclable in nature that makes them eco-friendly.
Disadvantages Of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes:
- For packaging of certain heavy items, Corrugated Cardboard Boxes may not very suitable because of their relatively less endurance to mechanical stresses.
- Under extreme pressure or on stacking, Corrugated Cardboard Boxes may get deformed.
Atlas Box & Crating Company is an ISO 9001-2008 Certified Company that offers a wide array of Packaging Solutions. The offering of the company include Corrugated Boxes, Fiber Packaging Boxes, Wooden Packing Crates, Foam Boxes and many more packaging solutions. To view the products offered by the company and for any other enquiry, one can log on to http://www.atlasbox.net.
Wooden Boxes have been used from several years for storage needs. Wooden Boxes as a storage means are a best way to give protection for the objects that are being stored as these boxes can’t easily be damaged or broken. Earlier Wooden Boxes were used just for storing clothes and other costly materials, but with the technological innovations, Wooden Boxes now caters as a piece of decorative object in living areas.
Storage Benefits Of Wooden Boxes
Used widely for storing needs of different objects, Wooden Boxes have a bunch of benefits as a storage material. Some storage benefits of Wooden Boxes are as follows.
- Wooden Boxes can be used for years as they are not easily breakable and can be used for longer times for storing different items.
- Wooden Boxes are used widely by shipping industries for safe delivery of imported and exported items.
- Small size Wooden Boxes are good to use in kitchen for storing different spices and other eatery items.
- Wooden Boxes are good to protect the thing kept inside as it don’t allow water to go inside, making the storage item safe inside the box.
- Wooden Boxes are essential to store essential oils, so as to protect them from losing essence.
Having so many storage benefits, Wooden boxes come in different shape and sizes to suit different storage needs. Moreover, several wooden boxes have handles on either side for holding the box properly. One of the major advantages of Wooden Boxes is the facility of locks in such boxes to keep the inside storage material safe enough from damage or from its loss. Apart from storage needs, large size Wooden Boxes can either be used as a table or stand for keeping different things upon the box. With such extensive uses, Wooden Boxes now have different shapes apart from being a regular square one. Wooden Boxes now have semi spherical, triangular and pyramid shaped structure. Different shaped Wooden Boxes give a different look to an area.
Catering diverse storage needs, many Wooden Box Manufacturers produce a wide range of Wooden Boxes for different storage needs. These Wooden Boxes have a range of colors and shape as per the storage requirement. Moreover with Wooden Boxes there are endless storing possibilities of jewelery, cloths and other items. Wooden Boxes are affordable and don’t have any side effects like plastic boxes that might react with some chemicals.
There is a diverse range of Packaging Boxes available in the market. The various Packaging Solutions have their own strengths and weaknesses. Choice of a particular type of packaging is determined by the type of the item to be packaged and transported. For example, both Wooden Packing Crates and the Cardboard Boxes are used for packaging but which one to be used when depends on various factors and requirements. Wooden Packing Crates get preference over Cardboard Boxes on the following grounds:
Why Wooden Packing Crates?
- Can Endure High Mechanical Stress: When compared to Cardboard Boxes, Wooden Packing Crates are much stronger. While packing, during storage and transportation, goods are generally subject to high mechanical stress. Cardboard Boxes will not be a suitable option for transportation of delicate objects over long distance. It is then better to go for Wooden Packing Crates.
- Better Suited For Heavy Goods: Wooden Packing Crates are designed for better weight distribution and because of their high strength, they can be used for packaging various heavy goods. The same is not the case with Cardboard Boxes. Cardboard Boxes may get damaged or lose shape when used for packaging material over certain weight limit.
- Can Withstand Wear And Tear: Wooden Packing Crates are not affected by rough usage. The chances of breaking or getting damaged are relatively much less as compared to that of Cardboard Boxes.
- Can Be Stacked: Bulk transportation requires optimum use of the available space in the vehicles. Wooden Packing Plates can be stacked in several layers. On the other hand, Cardboard Boxes will succumb to the mechanical pressure in case of stacking. In such a case, Wooden Packing Crates are the best Packaging Solutions.
- Relatively More Resistant To Moisture- Wooden Packing Crates are relatively more resistant to moisture as compare to Cardboard Boxes. So, they are a better option for packaging of non-durable items.
There are many manufacturers of Wooden Packing Crates and Atlas Box & Crating Company is one such company that supplies durable and quality Wooden Packing Crates. The Wooden Packing Crates offered by the company are specifically designed to bear all kind of mechanical, chemical, biological stresses, etc. during storage and shipment. Besides, the company offers various other Packaging Solutions including Corrugated Boxes, Fiber Packaging Boxes, Wooden Packing Crates, Foam Boxes, etc. For more information regarding the company and its various products, one can visit http://www.atlasbox.net.
Corrugated Boxes are one of the several types of Packaging Boxes that are made of corrugated paperboard. The edges of corrugated paperboard comprise of rows of air columns. The air trapped in these columns acts as the cushion and provides better protection against shock, vibration, compression, moisture, etc. Corrugated Boxes can be designed in various styles; the most common among them are the following:
- Regular Slotted Container (RSC): In the Corrugated Boxes with RSC design, all the flaps are alike in length. Minor flaps do not meet in the middle while major flaps do.
- Half Slotted Container (HSC): In the Corrugated Boxes with HSC design, there is only one set of flaps and such boxes are ideal for carrying heavy goods.
Corrugated Boxes have gained immense popularity as packaging solutions. They are extensively used in several industries and there are a number of reasons behind that. Some of the advantages of Corrugated Boxes are as follows:
- Light Weight- Corrugated Boxes are light weight and are thus very easy to handle. Such an attribute is really a major requirement for end users when they are packaging and moving their valuables from one place to another.
- Ensure Complete Safety- Corrugated Boxes, as discussed already, are made of corrugated paperboards that have air columns. These air columns act as cushion and prevent the packaged items from banging around. In Corrugated Boxes, enclosed items are completely safe against vibrations, shocks and jerks during shipment.
- Availability In Various Box Designs- Corrugated Boxes are available in various box designs. Thus, the users can exercise their choice as per the specific requirements. This really gives Corrugated Boxes an edge over other packaging solutions.
- Better Graphics Capabilities: When compared to other Packaging Solutions, Corrugated Boxes have better printing and graphic capabilities and as such these boxes are processed for better aesthetics. Even enterprises use Corrugated Boxes as effective marketing tools by getting their names, logo and other promotional details printed on them.
It is needless to mention that Corrugated Boxes have high strength and are suitable for packaging both durable and non-durable goods. Besides, the material that they are made of is recyclable and thus Corrugated Boxes are environment friendly. Cost effectiveness is yet another big advantage.
There are many Corrugated Packaging Boxes Manufacturers and Suppliers and Atlas Box & Crating Company is one among them. The company offers a wide range of Packaging Solutions including Corrugated Boxes, Fiber Packaging Boxes, Wooden Crate Boxes, Foam Boxes and many others. For more details regarding the offerings of the company, one can log on to http://www.atlasbox.net.
Moving with all your valuables from one place to another can be a tiring and hectic experience. An important aspect of relocating is Packaging. Packing all the belongings and then ensuring their safety is one of the major concerns. It is a very important decision to choose the right type of Packaging Boxes for the transportation of various goods. There are many kinds of Packaging Boxes in the market to suit the needs of the customers. Some of the most commonly used Packaging Boxes are as follows:
- Wood Packaging Boxes- These boxes are strong, durable and recyclable. The Wooden Packaging Boxes have an added benefit that they protect the product from moisture. These boxes are ideal for carrying heavy items like refrigerators, washing machines, etc.
- Foam Packaging Boxes- These boxes provide extra and special protection to the goods which are being transported. These boxes are apt for carrying delicate items like crockery, glass items, etc. as they provide extra cushioning. Collision between packaged items is avoided by wrapping an additional protective layer around them.
- Corrugated Packaging Boxes- These boxes are used extensively and can carry almost all kinds of goods and items. These boxes are durable, light in weight, reusable, with long life and proper enclosures. They are considered good packaging option light items ranging from groceries to glassware.
- AirPaq Packaging Boxes- These boxes are made up of low density Polyethylene and comprise of air pillows for better protection of packaged material. AirPaq Packaging Boxes are water resistant, durable and recyclable.
- Fiber/Core Packaging Boxes- These boxes are a great substitute to Wooden Packaging Boxes and are much lighter than Wood Boxes. They are used to carry heavy goods like television, DVD or CD players, etc.
These are some of the types of Packaging Boxes available for transporting various types of goods. Atlas Box & Crating Company (http://www.atlasbox.net) offers excellent packaging solutions and certain services as well. The company provides a wide range of packaging solutions including Wooden Crate Boxes, Foam Packaging Boxes, Corrugated Packaging Boxes, Fiber Packaging Boxes and Custom Packaging Boxes. The company can be contacted to place bulk orders for any type of Packaging Material.